Graduated in 1997 in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Catania with vote 110/110 Specialized in 2001 in Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy at the University of cum laude. In 2004, she was awarded the Diploma of Fellow in Gastroenterology by the European Board of Milan with a grade of 70/70 cum laude. Gastroenterology, having met the eligibility criteria required by the European Union of Medical Specialists. Quality Contact Person for the Division of Endoscopy at IEO.
– Since 2011 Senior Assistant at the same Division.
– Since 2002 Assistant Professor in the Division of Endoscopy
– Positions held (including memberships) Member of the Multidisplinary Clinical Consultation Team / Gastrointestinal Tumors Task Force for diagnosis, treatment
– Member of the Italian Society of Digestive Endoscopy (SIED), since 2006 member of the Editorial and Study Committee of Gastrointestinal Neoplasms of the European Institute of Oncology. In 2014 member of the Future Trends Committee of the United European Gastroenterology.
– Member of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE) of the portal of the Italian Society of Digestive Endoscopy (SIED) (European Society of Gastroenterology) Clinical Activities Performed at IEO Performs mainly in the field of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy of the gastroenteric system, including laser confocal endomicroscopy and chromoendoscopy, with particular interest in endoscopic surveillance and treatment of precancerous lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (such as Barrett’s esophagus and HPV-related anal intraepithelial lesions) and endoscopic surveillance of genetic syndromes. In addition, as a gastroenterology specialist, he deals with benign diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (especially celiac disease, chronic inflammatory bowel disease, gastroesophageal reflux syndrome, peptic pathology and Helicobacter Pylori infection, and irritable bowel syndrome). Research Activities Performed at IEO Carries out his research activities mainly in the areas of chemoprevention, screening and surveillance of gastrointestinal cancers, with particular interest in the application of new endoscopic methods (especially laser confocal endomicroscopy) in the recognition of precancerous lesions of the gastrointestinal tract. Previously performed Clinical and Research Activities 1998-2001 research activities in the field of celiac disease. In 1999 and 2000 winner of the grant for the Young Researchers Project of the University of
-Awards and Honors In 2006 winner of the grant for the “SIED Research Project” with the project “Application
-Milan for projects in the field of celiac disease. of confocal endomicroscopy in the study of Barrett’s esophagus.”